simon clauson

"Chatting shit since 1985"


Who did you vote for?

Today was a huge milestone in the history of my life.

It marked the first time I actually voted in an election. I'm not going to lie: it was an experience.

However, while in the pub watching the exit polls on the TV I got talking to someone who was moaning about a certain party being on top. Politely I asked him if he'd voted and who he voted for (adding that he didn't have to tell me if he wanted to keep it a secret).

He told me that he hadn't voted because he didn't believe in it.

We then got into a mild disagreement (read: me laying into him) because, quite simply, I felt that as he'd not voted and was complaining that said party was taking the lead he wasn't entitled to feel the way he did. He'd been given the chance to have a voice and totally wasted it. I told him so and walked away from him.

I do hope I was actually in the right...

Posted via web from pieman's posterous

Published by Simon Clauson at 1:23 am.

0 Comments

Save This Page Share on Facebook Digg! Digg This StumbleUpon Stumble It!

0 Responses to “Who did you vote for?”

Post a Comment

Simon Clauson 2.0

Last.fm

Beyond Pieman




Subscribe!


Health Warning: This blog may contain nuts.
Simon Clauson/Piecore? Industries
© MMVIII